1) Cut your hair regularly, every 2 to 3 months. Hair gets damaged after a while. If you remove a few centimeters or about an inch, it'll keep your hair healthy and grow strong.
2) Steer clear of chemicals. Coloring your hair may be beautiful, but damages your hair badly. Try to avoid using them, but if you must, use lots of conditioners and hair masks.
3) Do not abuse your hair. Blow-dryers, curling irons and hair straighteners are enemies of healthy hair. Use them with moderation. Also use protective sprays when applying heat.
4) Treat your hair once in a while to a good hair mask. They are very easy to make yourself! Find some recipes here.
5) Eat healthy. Often overlooked, what you eat can affect your hair! Don't use too much sugar, salt and alcohol.
6) Do not be rough with a brush or a comb. Hair, especially at the ends, is more fragile than you might think.
7) Protect your hair from damaging circumstances. Wear a hat during bright summer days against direct sunlight, watch out when swimming (chlorine is very bad for your hair).
8) Do not rub your hair with a towel in order to dry it. This only promotes breakage. Just wrap your hair in a towel and gently squeeze. When the dripping is over, let your hair air-dry.
9) Do not wash your hair every day. This will assure that your hair gets greasy faster, train your hair into lasting longer and wash it only 2 - 3 times per week.
10) Drink lots of water. This is good for your skin, hair, everything! If you're having trouble drinking just water, try to drink a glass of water for every other thing you drink.
Do you have any other tips, be sure to leave a comment!